There are many fad diets that promise super fast weight loss. Usually these are very extreme and bizarre eating plans that really do not provide lasting results because no human being can stick with eating that way for the long term. One great example of such extremes is the Cabbage Soup Diet that promises ten pounds of weight loss in 10 days while eating only cabbage soup and meat. In reality, no one can eat that way for life and so once the diet is over most just go back to eating as they did before the diet and regain all the weight and more. Below are healthier and better ways to lose weight fast and keep it off long term.
5 Fast Weight Loss Tips
1. Lower your daily caloric intake by 250 calories. It’s surprising how easy this is when you take a look at what you eat throughout the day. One way to accomplish this is to eliminate the fancy coffee drink every morning, many of the Frapuccinos at Starbucks have more than 400 calories each. Evaluate the snacks you eat. An apple has 50 calories, 4 cookies, no matter which ones, come with more than 140 calories and a lot of fat.
There are also many negative calorie foods that actually use more calories to burn than they come with. Some examples are cherry tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, zuchinni, berries and many more. You can eat these foods in unlimited amounts and leave the fattening Oreos in the bag.
2. Visualization is a great technique to achieve your weight loss goals. Imagine how you would look as a thin person, the clothes you can wear and buy and how much lighter you would feel. Picture yourself as you want to be, and then take action to get there.
3. Drink more water to lose weight faster. Water makes you feel fuller so you eat less. It fortifies and energizes the body. Many times people over eat because they mistake thirst for hunger.
4. Fruits, and, especially, vegetables are great for losing weight fast. High fibre vegetables are very filling and they are very low in calories so you can really eat as much of them as you want and lose weight fast. Fruits and veggies also provide all the nutritional benefits you need to keep energy levels up throughout the day, this helps in keeping snacking to a minimum.
Berries are a great choice for snacks because they are high in fibre and low in calories and they are sweet and delicious.
5. Lose weight really fast by being active. Sitting at a desk all day slows metabolism and inhibits weight loss. Get up every hour and walk around a little bit. If you want to lose weight really fast then do some type of cardio for 30 minutes a day at least 4 times per week.
When exercise is combined with a low calorie diet weight loss happens at very fast rates and it’s healthy and can bring long term results. In conclusion, the above five fast weight loss tips are a great way to get started with losing weight and losing it quickly.